At Meridian Home Care, we understand that caring for a terminally ill family member is a demanding role and no one is equipped to do it alone. Our staff is here to help provide a comfortable end-of-life experience in-home, and an easier transition for your loved one and your family. At this stage in life, we treat the client, not the disease.
Our team will support the client’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs. We emphasize the quality, not the duration of life. We want our clients and their families to remain in the comfort of a familiar and peaceful setting, to approach the end of life with care and dignity.
Our In-Home Palliative Care Services:
- Provide relief from pain and other distressing symptoms
- Integrate the psychological and spiritual aspects of patient care
- Offer a support system to help patients live as actively as possible until death
- Offer a support system to help the family cope during the patient’s illness and throughout their own bereavement
- Enhance the quality of life, and may also positively influence the course of illness
Hospice Care serves people with life-limiting conditions, offering a coordinated, unique care plan that includes physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial support to help patients focus on living fully and comfortably. Hospice care is focused on symptom relief and comfort care, not a cure. Hospice helps terminally ill people, together with their physician, family, friends and clergy, face the end of life together and enhance their quality of life, even as death nears.
For more information on our Palliative Care or Hospice Care services contact our office at (905) 683-2111.